Veronica Wears a Sari

We put on the saris that we had bought and that was quite a challenge! We had to get a lady to wrap us. We would have had no idea how to put them on otherwise. When she was done, the lady refused any payment. I think she must have felt sorry for us because it wasn't until later that we realized that we had put our blouses on backwards. I ended up tearing a button in the blouse too. Wearing a sari is so different and fun!



We watched the procession of the groom arriving on a horse. The family and friends were dancing in the street to the music of drums and horns. Then marriage rituals were done under a square canopy. We watched them walk in circles and literally tie a knot 7 times for their vows. Finally, the families exchanged gifts.




In the evening, there was a reception and dinner. The bride, groom, and their family posed for photos with guests. The women had their sparkly "cocktail" saris on.




(Shortly after this photo was taken, I had a conversation with another guest. I suddenly had to excuse myself and dash to the bathroom because, yeah, I had the runs.)

The dinner buffet was really good, but I ate something too strong with clove spice that I was sick all through the night.

Comments

Popular Posts