R&B saved my life



What an arduous 21 hrs of flying to Mumbai! My stomach was so gassy and uncomfortable. It's still recovering. I felt sick on the 14 hr flight from SF to Hong Kong. Repeatedly listening to, "O Come all Yee Faithful," by Stacie Orrocio pulled me through. My Soul Sista playlist helped quelch my internal discomforts for the rest of the plane ride. I am so thankful for India Arie, Alicia Keys, Aaliyah, and Mary J. Blige. I would have thrown up otherwise.

Anyways, I've just arrive at our hotel here in Mumbai and am feeling very comfortable. I had a nice shower like I hadn't had one for days. The streets of India feel like China, but poor like Brazil.


It's Asia! I haven't been in Asia since China in high school so this is really refreshing.

I'm honestly being pushed out of my comfort-zone without luxury comforts, but this really reminds me to be content with the simple and practice not living with much. I've been spoiled with home comforts for quite some time. It's fun and adventurous to live with little once in a while.

So, thank you, God, for bringing us smoothly and safely here. I hope Michelle's mom arrives well because her flight has been canceled. May we have a good rest and wonderful first day tomorrow.


Comments

Popular Posts