Delayed to Agra

We arrived well in Delhi yesterday afternoon and the first thing to notice is that the temperature is much cooler. I like it better than the muggy warmth in Mumbai. I like Delhi so much better already! I feel relief. I also like that Delhi is more developed, modern, and clean. There are more foreigners here. Also, I got sick in Mumbai, so I don't like the place for that either.

We went out a bit around the train station. Interestingly, I was asked if I was Nepalese. That ethnicity was a first for me! We went to a Nepalese restaurant for dinner and got to talk to this Nepalese business man. He has a company that provides electricity to rural places in Nepal. That's pretty cool. I bet he liked that we were civil/environmental engineers. I also think we got our food sooner from talking to him because he is friends with the owner.

I've taken to Michelle's mom now. She is a good mother. She's a fighter, like my own mom, but it's for our best interest. She looks out for me too like a daughter :) I am thankful. I think being sick can bring out the mother in even the most seemingly unaffectionate of women. heheh

Today, we had a 4-hour train ride to Agra. I felt fine, but Michelle and her mom got sick. Now I'm the healthy one and more than happy to help more. It's funny how things work out... for the best, yes. But poor Michelle :( After arriving in Agra, she had to rest in the hotel while her mother and I had lunch and went to Agra Fort. We had fun.

Then we saw the spectacular Taj Mahal! It was so breathtaking! The inside wasn't much though: just a main chamber with a gated off tomb, I believe.

Comments

Popular Posts