Kite Flying is Money

One rainy winter night, I had a dream that I got a phone call from two fellows named George and Abe about kite flying to discover electricity like Benjamin Franklin. I thought it was too rainy at the time so the conclusion of that conversation was that we all should definitely go kite flying when it gets to be better weather...

So let's go this Sunday, July 24!
What: Kite Flying
Where: Crissy Field
When: 12noon to 4pm
Bring: kites of all kinds! picnic type food. (ie. I'm gonna bring some sandwiches, fruit, and Magic creams.)

This upcoming Sunday of summer promises to have good weather. I would still go  if it was raining. You may be asking, "Unless you're on the 100-dollar bill, why would anyone want to fly a kite in the rain?" Well, if George, Abe, and Ben were interested in flying kites in the rain, why not you? They are all significant figures of our nation's history with their faces now all over our money, you know. Fly a kite in the rain, and you can make history too!

But really, I don't know how Ben Franklin did it with his kite and key in a lightning storm. I've seen a video of a guy getting struck by lightning. It looks painful and I don't care to have that experience.

So I hope to see you at Crissy Field! Come find me with the blue diamond kite with a seahorse and purple mexican blanket :)

Your friend,
Veronica Aguirre

Comments

Popular Posts